Saturday, March 28, 2009

Book Review: "The Debs"




Enter a world of three best friends, and one enemy, and a yearning above yearnings to make it onto the Glass Slipper Club, all mixed into the warm Texan atmosphere and lots of boys to go around. However, as things start heating up for Laura with her enemy, Jo Lynn and it looks like because of one blow out she might not make it on the club after all, or will Mac's step mom come in and save the day? And what about Ginger with her trip to the police station after being used in a very un-formal way? It all comes down to one last things, will Laura, Mac, Ginger, AND enemy Jo Lynn all find themselves wearing the beautiful white gown that they have been looking forward to for years before?

When I went into reading "The Debs" by Susan McBride I had really high standards. I expected a lot from it. However, my expectations didn't quite get met as much as I had hoped. "The Debs" had some interesting parts that were original and fun to read that made you want to keep reading to the end of the book and find out what happened, but it seemed like the plot was not as well developed as I would have liked. I liked Mac a lot because of her down to earth nature that I think a lot of readers will be able to relate to. I do think that Susan McBride is a super good righter, as she puts a lot of details into her book, but I think that the story needed just a little bit better of a developed plot. Overall, I think that "The Debs" is a pretty neat book, and would make a good Summer read! I am looking forward to reading the next in the series, "Love Lies and Texas Dips" that's coming out in June, and "Gloves Off" that is coming in Spring 2010!




2 comments:

book report said...

As I read the summary, I remember the same chick lit romance novel I used to read.

Reyna Meinhardt said...

Really? Thats neat! Which one sticks out to you?