Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Review: "Love You, Hate You, Miss You" by Elizabeth Scott


Book: "Love You Hate You Miss You"
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Cover Rating: 5 out of 5

Amy is haunted with the accident that changed her life around less than a year ago. She feels like its her fault that her best friend Julia died in the accident that took away not only her best friend, but her happiness and will to live life as before. Thats not all though. After all these years of wishing and hoping that her parents would pay a little bit more attention to her, like most, she finally gets her wish after she turns into a so called "murderer." It just isn't the same now. Find out about what happens to Amy next; and if she will learn to accept the fact that it was an accident, not her fault, not Julia's fault, and that there is no on to blame in Elizabeth's Scott's brilliant, "Love You, Hate You, Miss You."

"Love You, Hate You, Miss You" was the first book that I have read by Elizabeth Scott, and I loved it! She is such a great writer and I really liked her characters. The plot and story line of this book reminded me a lot of "Cracked Up to Be," but I enjoyed it more. I really like how Elizabeth wrote Amy's character to be able to accept things and learn. I liked that she didn't portray her as being so tough, drinking all the time and getting hungover, and learning to live and love after such a tragedy. I think that really helped the story and made it more interesting to read! I am really looking forward to reading more of Elizabeth Scott's works!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I just finished reading Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott, and I definitely agree that she's a great author. This looks like a great, though darker, read as well!

Kate said...

I've heard great things about Elizabeth Scott :)

Awesome review.