Monday, February 24, 2014

5 Of the Most Extraordinary Sea inspired YA Books

Use Grammarly's plagiarism checker because there's nothing sexier than being yourself!




                 



I'm going to let you in on a little secret...I have quite the hankering for anything sea/ocean related.  As a result, I devour every book that I can find that is somehow related to the ocean, selkies, the Titanic, or water in general.

All of these books have made it to my top 5 favorite books list (isn't that odd?!  All sea related!  Am I biased?)  and I can not recommend them more!

They say not to judge a book by it's cover..but all of these covers do the books justice and are just as wonderful of reads as there covers are beautiful.

Twenty Boy Summer:  Sea glass, sea glass, sea glass!!  Oh how I love it.  This is such a nice, light hearted, summer read that us a much harder and deeper underlying meaning that can really grab your soul and make you want to tell your boyfriend you love him!

Sea Change:  I can read this over and over again, Sulkies = < 3  And the cover is to DIE FOR!

Impossible:  I included both versions of the cover, the first being the newest one and the one that I own.  I love both, they each have their strengths.  I think the second is more depicting of the ocean, but they both are truly stunning.  Impossible is based on a celtic song "Scarborough Fair" - which you may have heard sung by Celtic Sisters.  I actually love this book so much I chose to review the sonnet it was inspired by as my Poetry paper for College Lit class.  (A+)

Distant Waves:  The dark contrasts and hallow dress that capture your eyes when looking at the cover are quite a symbol for what's to come in the pages it holds.  This book makes you wonder a lot and question the Titanic and paranormal activity in general...

Seven Tears Into the Sea:  This book is another one of my absolute favorites.  The cover is solid - the darker, stormier, tones that are used in contrast of what one usually pictures when thinking of the ocean depict the story well.  Seven Tears Into the Sea is a lovely book about sulkies, and fills me with nostalgia every time I think of it.


Are there any sea related books you've read that I must know about?  

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Here’s the deal, girly: if God’s the Dealer, we’re mere poker players, able to ‘roll-the-dice’ with FAITE ACCOMPLI, come what may. Nevertheless, you’ll loooove our exploded plethora of produce which’ll plant the seed for YOU to grow to great heights!! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN WISK:

Greetings, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxins (fluent-in-sarcasm), guhroovaliciousnessly delicious, pleasure-beyond-measure, UltraIdyllic, FirepowerAddiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES ...with eXtra eXciting eXtroverts!!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-Our Lord to Saint Gertrude